Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Mommy look...I color!


This is a CLASSIC mom moment. The day is coming to an end. We have made it through dinner unscathed and are spending the rest of the evening upstairs. I look forward to 7:00 every evening...that means that I can start our bedtime routine:



  • 7:00 p.m. : bath time-play time, wash time
  • 7:35 (ish) p.m. : getting-dressed time-drying off x 3 kids, lotion x 3 kids, dressing x 3 kids = 25 minutes of time passes!
  • 8:00 p.m. : BED TIME! The babies routine consists of laying them in their cribs, make sure the pacifiers are with them and blankets are on them...easy. Ty on the other hand can take some finessing...I lay with him, sing "I'm A Child Of God" about 4 times, and read him 1 book. On really good nights I'm "done & done" by 8:30 and on my way to...
  • 8:30 to 8:45 p.m. : Stacey time...need i say more? Any mother knows ALL about this time of the day.

So, we were upstairs playing with toys and having fun; I was running around getting the bath going, setting out pajamas & diapers, making sure things were ready to go for bath time. I may have stopped by the computer to do some quick checking of the email...I must have left Ty alone a little to long because when I came into his room I found his lovely art work! What did I do about this? I did what every mom would do in this situation...



Me (somewhat elevated voice, slightly aggrevated): "Ty what did you do?"

Ty (totally innocently, excited that he "colored"): "Umm, Ty colored Trace."

Me (very motherly): "Oh, Trace, let me just get a quick picture or two & then I'll put you in the bath ."


...I took pictures so that I could blog about it later!!

3 comments:

Brittney said...

your blog looks great! so glad you are liking it! yay i love your 3 babies!!!

Zach and Kate Hulet said...

Girl GREAT BLOG. You rock. And good thinking taking a picture before washing. Getting behind the camera in crazy situations alway defuses the situation for me! Kids are so crazy! I swear I didn't do crazy things like that!

Jack Attack said...

that's classic!