Friday, March 28, 2008

SPOTLIGHT: All about Ty

So I've been doing some thinking...and thanks to someone that I consider one of my closer friends...I've decided that I need to appreciate me, my life, and my children a lot more than I have been. So I thought that I could share with all of you who read or come across my blog 3 positive aspects of my life; MY CHILDREN! I tend to get caught up in my own emotions and dwell upon all the frustrations that I have with being a mom. I need to adjust and start thinking about the positive qualities that my children have. I have decided to spotlight my first child, Ty. In doing so I not only want others to know what a unique kids he is, but also it will help me to think of all the great qualities he has to offer to me, our family, and anybody else he comes in contact with...so here is
TY JOSEPH UTLEY


From the moment I could feel Ty in the womb, I knew he was going to be active. And I realized very early in his life (around 6 months) that he was going to be very strong willed and only do the things that he wanted. One of Ty's best qualities is how strong-headed he can be...it's also very stressful for me! I have no doubt in my mind that Ty will be leader among his friends when he gets older. My prayer is that that leadership is in the right areas...
Even though Ty's energy can be exhausting, his energy is full of life. He wakes up each morning with a charge to tackle the day (he might tackle his brother and sister while he's at it.) Ty loves to have fun! Ever since he's learned to laugh, it isn't hard to get him into hysterics. He has a contagious laugh that makes me love him so much! He loves to have fun with anything that he's doing...he doesn't have quite the imagination that I thought he would have (I thought that since I had imaginary friends, my kids would too) but he is able to take the weirdest things and turn them into toys, ex: my hair clips that I use to do my hair with are now his "sharks" because they have teeth just like sharks do. And he goes around pretending that his "shark" is eating anyone or anything.
The hardest part about being Ty's mom is that he is too smart for my own good! Now, I'm not trying to be one of those moms who say, "my kids the smartest kid ever!", but he surprises me with the stuff that he remembers...he can remember that he left his hat at Grandma Utley's house on Christmas Eve, but can't remember that hitting his brother or sister gets him 3 minutes on the naughty step. Ty is a very observant kid...and along with that comes curiosity. There are innumerable questions throughout the day that are because he watches everything around him.
I love my Ty! I'm so happy that he's in my life! I love it when, after we've had a conflict of opinions, he tells me, "mommy, Ty so sorry you yelled. I love you." That's my kid! Next time you see him, ask him for a "thumbs up", he loves to give them (especially to the garbage men!)

5 comments:

Patrick and Hollie Davis said...

You are so cute! What a fun spotlight. I am sad that Ty doesn't have any imaginery friends. You will have to tell me about that sometime. You are so funny!

David and Emily Wilcock said...

Hi Stacey! I just found your blog and thought I'd say hi. Your Ty and my Spencer are very close in age and apparently similar in attitude too. It is great too catch up. We still need to get together on of these days! Would it be totally random if I called you out of the blue one day?

Jack Attack said...

don't you have 2 other kids? where are their spotlights? :)

Mr. and Mrs. Corbett said...

Joe, long time no see! You have a beautiful wife and a beautiful family! Stacey, thank you for sharing! I know as a mom I get caught up in myself and how difficult being a mom to small children (boys) can be. This really helped me step back and appreciate what I have.
Autumn Corbett

The Scott Family said...

You've got it busier than me. 3 under 3. Wow!! You are amazing. I'm glad you found my blog. We do need to keep in touch more often. Your Ty reminds me of my Dallin (he's my 3rd). Always busy and very strong-willed!