Wednesday, July 23, 2008

S.O.S.

Dear {anyone}:

I am having a hard time tyring to entertain my 3 year old boy. I am finding that he is bored a lot during the day and that boredom is turning into destructive chaos. I don't like sitting him in front of the television but at times find that is my only saving grace. Does anyone else have this problem or is it just me? I'm feeling totally alone on this one. A lot of people tell me its his age and that he's a boy but there has to be games or activities that others have used that seems to mentally stimulate and entertain a 3 year old at the same time. If any of you mothers of little boys out there have any suggestions, I am willing to take it.

Sincerely,
Desperate Mother

P.S. I have used some ideas from a friends blog and have seemed to help a little but it's starting to lose some excitement.

2 comments:

David and Emily Wilcock said...

Okay, our boys are the same age. Here are all the things I do with Spencer.
1. Coloring - he really like the giant coloring books
2. Painting - I just throw down a cheap plastic table cloth, put an apron on him and let him go.
3. Play dough - This is his favorite not mine.
4. Blow up pool in the back yard
5. Small slide in the back yard. Or if you are brave enough with all the kids, the park.
6. Trains! I build a train track at least once a day.
7. Stickers - less messy, but still fun, especially the foam kind.
8. Recently he has been into hide and seek. He can't really play, but he tries hard.
9. Puzzles - He is getting surprisingly good at these.
10. There are some games at the store that are for 3+. Spencer likes this duck game by the cranium people. It is about the simplest version you can get of a board game.
Okay, that is all I can think of now, but I am sure I have more...I was having the same problem not too long ago. :)

Jacob and Mindy T. said...

The only thing my 3 year old likes are balls and trucks. Coloring is messy cause he doesn't like to stay on the paper! LOL I like the play dough idea and trains. It's just too hot here to be outside much like going to the park. I really like all of Emily's ideas though. Thanks for asking this cause I got some ideas from her. :)