Thursday, July 24, 2008

SPOTLIGHT: All About Trace

As I have previously posted (about 3 months ago), I spotlighted my oldest child, Ty. But as one friend so kindly commented to me, I do have two other children and need to finish what I have started. Just so I clear up any confusion, I think on a methodical level. I am only putting the spotlights in order of age, not in preference...not that Ty isn't my favorite child right now. Since Trace is technically second oldest, he is the next to be spotlighted. And on another note, as some of you know, it was more than just two eggs dropping that got me twins. Basically, it wasn't coincidental that I was blessed with two babies at once. I think that God knew that if He didn't send the two of them down at the same time, then one of them wouldn't have made it at all. So, I've never really got used to the term "twins" in referencing Trace and Tori. I remember having a conversation with my mom shortly after they were born. I said "mom, there isn't one thing similar about these two except that they share the same birthday." She agrees. They are nothing more than "womb-mates." With "twins" it's hard NOT to compare everything that they do since they are doing they are supposed to be doing and going through the same things at the same time. I find myself doing that but always have to remind myself that if wasn't for God's divine plan, they wouldn't have shared their birthday. In my spotlight I hope to individualize them, really just for me. Sorry for my rambling...here is:





TRACE CHRISTOPHER UTLEY


Its a strange experience to carry more than one baby at a time. The normal swimming around feeling that is enjoyed with one baby just isn't felt with multiples, at least in my experience with it. I only felt small, slow movements-nothing jabbing, poking, rolling, jumping, etc. One positive of being pregnant with more than one baby, I got to see my bundles of joy through my monthly ultrasound. Early on I noticed that one was always more active than the other. I really wanted at least one girl and since Ty was an active baby, I immediately thought that the active one (baby B, at the time) was the boy and the other was my sweet, precious, mild girl...not the case! Poor Trace was baby A, the one that just hung out quietly on the ultrasound monitor, the one that was constantly being kicked by his sibling. He just took it all and still does.
Trace is the child that makes enduring multiples more endurable. He is a very happy, chilled out kid. For the most part, he can go with flow of life at ease. I love this trait about him but have realized that he can get lost in the shuffle and can get overshadowed by his two other siblings. Trace is always looking for something fun to do, something fun to play with. His resent obsession is any kid of ball.When he is sad, a smile will always cross his face when I show him a ball. His motto in life should be, "when life gets you down, go have a ball!" (i know i'm corny.)
Trace adores his older brother. He loves to be involved with anything that Ty is playing with. At times, he's pushed away but I can only hope that their relationship will grow and strengthen. Even though they have such different personalities, I hope that it will balance them out when they are older and grow to be very close.
Trace was the first of the two to smile and it's a great one! Along with that smile, is a great laugh. I had to wait a lot longer than I did with Ty to see him smile but it was well worth my wait! I love to see him smile and it just makes me want to smile back. Trace was also the first one to walk! Which I was really surprised about since he didn't start crawling until he was 10 months or so. He is a very determined kid and will hopefully use that determination to overcome hurdles in his life to come.
I love to snuggle Trace and he loves to snuggle me back. He's a very affectionate child (takes after his father.) I love you Trace!

No comments: