Thursday, October 23, 2008

one of those days

i can remember when ty was a baby and he said daddy first instead of mommy...
i can remember that i was a little hurt...
i can remember practicing with him, pointing to myself and saying "mommy" over and over...
i can remember that it took forever for trace and tori to say mommy and really wanting to hear it.
TODAY: i can go without hearing "mommy"...i'm just being honest.
but just to clarify, there is no greater joy than to come home from a night out with friends and hear three excited kids say "mommy"

1 comment:

Jack Attack said...

I had to tell you I had a dream about SLO, CA...don't know why b/c I've only been there once, but it made me think of you.

some days I can go without hearing "mom". for some reason he'll constatly say "mom", never dad, and won't stop until I respond.
hope bowling was fun. I tho't was feeling better last night, but work up feeling yuk this morning. flu season here we come. hope to make it to trunk-or-treak tomorrow night.